Hello folks. I hope you had a good weekend so far. It’s Sunday and definitely not fun-day, as I’m feeling demotivated and kind of meh. Do you know this Sunday feeling?This typical Sunday, where nothing goes right. You already wake up with a bad mood, cause you know today is the last day of the weekend and tomorrow your alarm will ring at 7 am, which when only thinking about it, sucks out all energy gained over night and leaves you with very optimistic look-out to the rest of day, thus an awfully negative Sunday-freaking-Blues. Hopefully someone out there has some sympathy for my Sunday-misery. Nonetheless, after a cozy breakfast with coffee and warm bread, the world already looked much different and I gained back my energy while screening my latest vtwonen magazine. Yes, something I do Sundays. And I got even more excited when I found an amazing home tour featuring a freestanding charming bungalow in France which experienced a total metamorphosis.
I’m happy to walk you through this beautiful, handmade home from Constance and Dorian who are located in France. What do I like about this place? The retro-look with Scandinavian inspired color combinations such as white and natural wood. Furthermore, the handmade aspect that turned the former ruin into a modern vintage home with a personal touch. It took the French couple 8 years to rebuild their dream house and they did it all themselves. Wow (!) And I thought I was hands-on..
Let’s take a look at the different rooms. Continue reading
Oh la la. Love is in the air .. and in your kitchen and craft room. Happy February! The day of love is approaching. For some, this day is one of the most dreadful days of the year. Over the decades, Valentine’s Day has been sold to us as the day of true love, romance and pink confetti. Well, guess what? It’s not. It can be for some, but it’s mostly purely a stereotypical way of thinking of it. In real life, (where confetti might still exist..), V Day is also a day of gathering friends and family, show your appreciation for them or simply spend it alone and celebrate the wisdom that loving yourself is the first step of being loved by others. Hence, February 14 shouldn’t been considered as the day of cheesy romance, but rather showing the love for others, whoever it is. Therefore, I’ve collected 15 creative ideas for Valentine’s Day for you online to give you some inspiration.
I hope you enjoy. And remember, dumb the traditions and give yourself a sugar boost, and your friends too. If you still fancy the romantic part of V Day, then you’ll find some creative ideas to get crafty. I’ll be back with more on Valentine’s Day soon.
1. Plant a lovely hyacinth and give it to someone as shown by Passionshake or print cute little notes from Sugar & Cloth’s free printables.
2. Create some fun packaging and date idea arrows from Sugar & Cloth.
3. Treat your friends, family and loved ones with some hand made cookies or hand painted macaroons from Sugar & Cloth.
4. Send a box of freshly baked mini heart donuts from The Alison Show to someone or bake Raspberry tea cakes from Style Sweet Ca.
5. Send some lovely messages like from Camille Style or print your own heart notes with printables from Lovely Indeed.
6. Create a pretty table decoration with love cookies from Sweet Style Blog or personalise your gift wrapping with hand-painted calligraphy from Sugar & Cloth.
7. Decorate with love
8. Send love mail around like this from Sugar & Cloth or this from Little big bell.