Hopefully you enjoyed Christmas as much as I did. Too bad it’s already over again. I had a lot of fun with my family. As crafty as I am, I made a lot of gifts for family and friends myself. It’s so much more fun and also more affordable. The biggest benefit? People love it as those gifts are unique. Recently, I have shared a photo of some keychain hangers I made for Christmas. Some of you asked me how I made them and where to get them. Lucky you, cause today I’ll show you how to make your own personalised keychain hangers.
- 2-3 colors of polymer clay (I used this one)
- Letter stamps (I used those)
- Rolling pin
- Shot glass for cutting the shape
- Glossy sealer (I used this one)
- Wooden beads
- Golden beads
- Golden keychain rings
- Colorful tassels
- Robust polyester neon cord (you can get it in a store that sell jewelry making supplies)
- Roll your clay with a rolling pin and form long lines.
- Randomly mix your colors of choice together and roll again so you get a thickness of half a centimeter approximately.
- Select what you want to stamp into the keychains. I used the initials from ma friends and family members.
- Cut out the clay with your whiskey glass. I used a diameter of approximately 3 centimeter.
- Punch a hole with a pencil or wooden stick
- Bake the clay in the oven according to packaging instructions
- Let dry
- Use your glossy varnish for sealing both sides of the keychain hanger. You can apply 2 layers. Let dry again.
- Add beads and tassels in an order of your preference onto the cord
- Attach the hanger with your neon cord on the one side and with the keychain ring on the other side. Try to knot the two ends at the backside of the keychain hanger and use a lighter to melt the ends together.
Hope it works out for you. If you have any troubles, let me know in the comment sections below.